Alternative Investments go beyond traditional asset classes like equities and fixed income. They offer different asset types and strategies to:
- Increase portfolio returns;
- Enhance portfolio diversification;
- Manage market risk exposure.
We believe alternative investments are important part of a modern portfolio. They’re capable of bolstering long-term, risk-adjusted performance and lowering overall portfolio risk.
The Alternative Advantage
- Reduced portfolio volatility
- A reliable income stream
- A hedge against inflation
- High risk-adjusted returns
About CIBC Asset Management
CIBC’s Alternative Investment OfferingsOur alternative investment solutions are constructed around specific strategies that aim to provide alpha generation over the long term.
CIBC Multi-Asset Absolute Return Strategy
- Global macro fundamental strategy
- Implemented across traditional and alternative asset classes, and geographies
- Diversifying source of return
- Equity complement and fixed income substitute
Thought LeadershipGuide to portfolio construction: the role of alternative investments
Alternatives: How much to allocate?
The future of the U.S. dollar
Alternatives Primer Session II — Deep Dive: Opportunities & Risks with Michael Sager
Alternatives Primer Session III — How Much to Allocate? with Michael Sager
Alternatives Primer Session IV — Selection Process and Recommended Funds with Jonathan Vapsva